this previous tutorial, we discovered how to export Revit
levels to Grasshopper for the generation of a diagrid
structure, before pushing the results back in into Revit using
Rhynamo and Dynamo. This tutorial will look at an alternative
methodology whereby Rhynamo is eliminated and replaced with
Step 1: Setup Flux
- Set up and sign into your Flux account.
- Create a new blank project. In this example I
have called it ‘RTC Exercise 03’
- Select ‘open project’.
- Create ‘keys’. These are geometry/data that will
be transferred to/from Flux. Simply hit the plus button in the
data table on the left.
- Add the name and description as required. We need
to create 6 keys in total:
- Floor mesh;
- Floors Universal mesh;
- Analytical model;
- Ring beams;
The purpose of all of these keys will be elaborated on later.
Step 2: Export Revit data/ geometry
- Setup a Revit view which just the Revit geometry
Revit view of floor plates
- Generate an elevation or section showing the
levels to be exported.