Just in time for Cinco de Mayo… here’s a modest update to
LunchBox for Grasshopper!
The plug-in has not been updated in almost a year and a half so
it was about time to ensure the code remained in alignment with
the latest Grasshopper versions (0.90075). The biggest
update comes by way of some new Excel components which are
leaner, meaner, and faster.
Here is a list of the updates:
- New installer… be sure you uninstall older versions
of LunchBox first!
- General code update for the most recent versions of
- NEW Excel components for reading and writing workbooks.
- NEW Deconstruct Wireframe to create node-centerline table
- Fixed a small bug with the Flatness Check component.
Excel components seem to be quite pervasive in various plug-in
packages. The goal here is the keep them lean and fast.
The new Excel tools allow you to quickly read and write
data to multiple workbooks and worksheets at once. They
are also SCREAMING fast and will help you push and pull
entire tables of data into Grasshopper with ease. In
addition, I have provided a data viewer for the Excel
components. If you right-click on the nodes, you will have the
option to preview the tables you are reading and writing.
*If you were a fan of the older components, they are
still there 🙂